New Potter film debuts

LONDON -- Dressed in wizards' hats and witches' robes, hundreds of screaming fans greeted the stars of the new Harry Potter movie at its glitzy world premiere Sunday in London. \n"Daniel, Daniel, Daniel,'' chanted a crowd of teenage girls, as Daniel Radcliffe, the young actor who plays the boy wizard, arrived for the screening of "Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.'' \n"It is really strange, but very exciting,'' Radcliffe said of the enthusiasm that greeted him upon his arrival at the Odeon cinema in London's Leicester Square. \nFans waited several hours, braving rain and wintry weather, in the hope of getting a glimpse of the film's cast. \nThey cheered wildly at the arrival of Rupert Grint, who plays Harry's ginger-haired friend Ron Weasley, and Emma Watson, who stars as schoolmate Hermione Granger. \nRobbie Coltrane, who plays the half-giant Hagrid, also received a warm welcome from the crowd, which lined the famous square and stood in a specially constructed stand decorated in the colors of the story's Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. \nOne star absent from premier was the late Richard Harris, who played Professor Albus Dumbledore. He died late last month of Hodgkin's disease. \n"He would have liked to have been here tonight,'' Radcliffe said. "He liked a good party. We did some very emotional scenes together. It is very hard.'' \n"Harry Potter and the Sorceror's Stone'' remains the second biggest film of all time -- second only to "Titanic'' -- and has grossed $975 million worldwide.