Hoosiers hold out for Big Ten tourney

The men's tennis team was eliminated from the Big Ten Singles Championships on the second of three days of the tournament. Only two Hoosiers made it to the final 16.\nSophomore Jakub Praibis suffered a tough loss to Ohio State's senior Vincent Ng, losing 6-0, 6-1. Sophomore Ryan Recht played a intense match against freshman Andrew Wakefield from Penn State. Recht lost in three sets, 6-7, 6-4, 6-3.\nFreshman Viktor Libel, sophomore Jullien Vulliez, and sophomore Tom Bagnato were all able to win their first matches, but unfortunately lost their next matches, putting them in the consolation round. \nLibel had his first win of the season on the first day of the tournament, and after being placed in the consolation round, started out the same way. He defeated junior Joel Cunney from Ohio State 6-4, 6-3, but then lost to freshman Pramod Dabir from Illinois, 6-4, 6-3. \nIn his first match of the consolation round, Bagnato lost to Northwestern's sophomore Chuck Perrin 7-5, 6-4. Vulliez went the furthest in the consolation round, defeating two players from Penn State to make it to the third round. Vulliez defeated PSU freshman Malcolm Scatliffe 4-6, 6-2, 7-6, and junior Todd Stecko 6-4, 6-4. Unfortunately, he couldn't keep his game up and lost to freshman Mark Barry, also from Penn State, 6-0, 7-6. \nFreshman John Stone lost his first and only match to senior Thomas Haug from Minnesota 3-6, 1-6. Senior Zach Held wasn't able to play in the tournament due to a torn rotator cuff. \nThe Big Ten Singles Championships wraps up the men's tennis season until January 18, when the Hoosiers will host Murray State.