'Hot Wet Fun' opens

IU Graduate Student Carmen Meyers will star in a cabaret of her own creation opening tonight at the Bloomington Playwrights Project, 312 S. Washington St. \n"Hot Wet Fun" is the title that came from an inspiration Meyers had while in Brown County.\n"… I spotted a beautiful little chapel, with a sign reading: Wedding Chapel. And underneath in bold black letters Hot Wet Fun," she said in a BPP Press Release. "I thought any wedding where you could offer "Hot Wet Fun" to all in attendance was something to consider. So I decided to offer the same to my audience."\nMeyers is no stranger to the stage. She appeared last season in the BPP's Dark Alley series production of "The Dream Journal" by John Drago, another IU MFA student. She has been seen in "Cole" at the Brown County Playhouse. Meyers has also performed in IU Theatre Department productions including "Noises Off" and Arthur Miller's "Death of a Salesman."\nRichard Perez, Artistic Director of the BPP, spoke of cabaret performers and the music they choose when he said "A lot of singers will take music that relates to their experiences and they weave that around a theme."\nMeyers is basing her cabaret around the themes of life, love, motherhood, aging and getting married, and marriage is currently very pertinent to Meyers' life, as she was recently engaged to Richard Perez. \nThe Artistic Director denies the engagement influenced his judgment the work had artistic value. The issue seems to be immaterial since much theatrical collaboration is marriage based. \nMeyers comes to Bloomington having earned a Bachelor's in Fine Arts from Arizona State University in 2001. Reflective of her credentials, she graduated from the Shakespeare Theatre Summer Conservatory in the nation's capital and the Southwest Shakespeare Conservatory in Phoenix, Arizona.\nSonja Johnson, a retired IU administrator, now serves as the BPP's Development Director.\n"The first Cabaret was enormously successful in that it was wonderfully entertaining, completely original and of very high quality," Johnson said. "I've seen Carmen in only one show. 'Dream Journal' (one of our Dark Alley shows) at the BPP last April. She was excellent"