Around The Region

Police arrest 4 in connection with meth operation\nCOLUMBUS, Ind. -- An early morning police stakeout at a farm led to four arrests of people accused in the theft of anhydrous ammonia that can be used to make methamphetamines.\nThe owner of the farm in eastern Bartholomew County had reported previous thefts of the farm chemical, sheriff's Capt. Stan Franke said. An informant told investigators that another theft at the farm was expected, leading to the surveillance effort, Franke said.\nTwo sheriff's detectives and two reserve deputies hid near an ammonia tank as two people stole some of the chemical about 2 a.m. Friday, Franke said. The pair were picked up by two people in a car.\nOfficers stopped the car a short time later and reported finding ammonia and other items used to make methamphetamine.\nThe four were being held on charges of possession of a controlled substance.\nOfficers in the sheriff's and police departments had previously conducted surveillance on the property, but without seeing any thefts occur, Franke said.\n'To End All Wars' wins top prize \nat local film festival\nINDIANAPOLIS -- "To End All Wars," a drama about Scottish soldiers held captive by the Japanese in World War II, won the top prize at the 11th annual Heartland Film Festival.\nThe not-for-profit festival honors life-affirming films, with screenings held at theaters across the city.\nSeventeen independent films collected Crystal Heart Awards and a total of $105,400 at the annual awards gala Saturday.\n"To End All Wars" received the $50,000 grand prize. The $14 million film is based on the true story of a young Scottish soldier captured with his regiment and forced to build a railway through a jungle in Thailand.\nThe film was directed by David L. Cunningham, with stars Robert Carlyle, Kiefer Sutherland, Ciaran McMenamin and Sakae Kimura.\nThe festival is supported through foundations, grants, and donations from corporations and individuals. More than 300 volunteers are working on this year's event, which runs through Friday.\nIndiana man injured in Nebraska power plant fire\nNORFOLK, Neb. -- A worker from Martinsville, Ind., was critically burned in an explosion at the Nucor power plant.\nJeremy Monk, 28, was in critical condition Sunday night at St. Elizabeth Regional Medical Center in Lincoln, a nursing supervisor said. Monk was flown to the hospital after the explosion Saturday evening.\nFirefighters were able put out the fire and got Monk and another injured worker away from it. Jason Ingram, 29, of Rio Rancho, N.M., was treated and released for smoke inhalation.\nIt was not known what caused the explosion, the Norfolk Fire Division said. No other details were immediately available.