On the sidelines

Keil diagnosed with bipolar disorder\nAssistant men's tennis coach Mark Keil, who was charged with residential entry Monday morning, was diagnosed with bipolar disorder, he said. Keil said he met with doctors in the emergency room at Bloomington Hospital Thursday morning, where tests showed symptoms of the disorder. \n"I've stopped drinking and I will have to take medication for the rest of my life," Keil said. "I won't drink anymore. Never, if I want to stay out of jail."\nKeil is currently suspended from coaching and is awaiting word from the athletic department on reprimand for his arrest.\nMen's cross country drops out of weekend meet; prepares for future\nThe No. 20 Hoosiers opted not to run in their meet scheduled for Friday in Charlotte, North Carolina. Instead of running in this weekend's Great American Cross Country Festival, they will instead prepare for upcoming contests. Their next meet will be the Indiana State Invitational on Oct. 5. This meet will give the team a chance to run on the course where the NCAA Championships will be held.\nThe Hoosiers, who won the Indiana Intercollegiates Sept. 20 at home, moved into the top 20 for the first time since 2000.\n"I am so proud of the guys. We're off to a great start," IU coach Robert Chapman said in a statement. "Although this is quite an accomplishment, the next two months will be a challenge. It's awesome to get recognition, but it also means that other teams will be gunning for you, too."\nSoftball to compete in Cardinal Fall Classic\nAfter losing and tying Ball State in their season-opening double header, first year head coach Sara Hayes will be looking for her first win of the year this weekend. The Hoosiers travel to Louisville, Ky. to participate in the Cardinal Fall Classic where they take on Louisville and Eastern Kentucky on Saturday and on Sunday. \nHayes was pleased with the team effort, as sophomore Heather Stillians went 6 2/3 innings and gave up only one run on one hit. The team eventually lost 1-0 when the game was called due to darkness. In the 6-6 game, IU came back from a 3 run deficit to tie the game. \n"We've only been practicing a week, and the kids are so eager to learn and get better," Hayes said after those games. "They have so much energy right now. I was so impressed with the effort. They've been so positive, which is the key to getting over the hump"