Colts final season in Indy?

Colts final season in Indy?INDIANAPOLIS -- Peyton Manning and Tony Dungy wanted to reflect on their opening-day victory and focus on their next game.\nInstead, football took a back seat Monday to rumors that the Colts could be playing their final season in Indianapolis -- even as they prepare for their home opener Sunday against Miami.\n"I'm sure a lot of the rookies have no idea what anyone's talking about," said Manning, the Colts' two-time Pro Bowl quarterback. "I read the papers like everyone. I hope it doesn't become a distraction."\nThe Colts and city officials both denied a report from ESPN's Chris Mortensen, who said during Sunday's "NFL Countdown" show that the Colts were close to leaving Indianapolis because of their financial situation.\nTeam officials have said the Colts rank in the bottom third of the league in revenue, and that they are seeking ways to improve their lot. One possibility is building a new stadium.\nThe Colts already have conducted a study to determine how much fans would pay and what kind of stadium they would like. The team has not released those results.

Knight recovering from surgery\nLUBBOCK, Tex. -- Texas Tech basketball coach Bob Knight was recovering Monday from surgery the day before to clear an intestinal obstruction.\n"He's feeling well," Texas Tech athletic director Gerald Myers said. "He's going to be back at work soon."\nThe 61-year-old Knight was admitted to the hospital early Sunday after he started feeling ill, said Dr. Michael Robertson, an internist on the surgical team that operated on Knight. The obstruction was related to scar tissue within the abdomen, he said.\nThe procedure is standard, and the operation went well, Robertson said.\nKnight is preparing for his second season at Texas Tech after coaching IU to three national championships in 29 seasons.

Webber faces indictment\nDETROIT -- Sacramento Kings star Chris Webber was indicted Monday on charges he lied to a grand jury about his dealings with a University of Michigan basketball booster more than a decade ago.\nWebber was charged with obstruction of justice and making a false declaration before a grand jury, FBI spokeswoman Dawn Clenney said.\nWebber's father, Mayce Webber, and his aunt, Charlene Johnson, were indicted on the same charges.\nIf convicted, each faces up to 10 years in prison and a $500,000 fine.