Latest Britney clone disappoints

Love, Faith and Inspiration\nLindsay Pagano\nWarner Brothers\nAdd Lindsay Pagano to the list of young, female singers producing albums that try to prove how efficiently they can imitate Britney Spears. Pagano isn't as well-dressed and perky as Mandy Moore or as annoying as Jessica Simpson; in fact she doesn't really try anything with her image or music to even minutely distinguish herself from her fellow clones. This is unfortunate because it proves yet again that record execs haven't realized that dressing up a teenage girl in slinky outfits and giving her obsessively perky songs to sing isn't going to sell millions of copies the way it did for Britney.\nAt least it's not likely towork in Pagano's case. Although the album starts out strong with the upbeat, catchy "Everything U R" and "Love&Faith&Inspiration" it quickly goes downhill. As with many "teen pop" albums, too many of the songs sound exactly alike. Even worse, far too many songs contain choruses full of just the kind of insipid lyrics that will drive you nuts by getting stuck in your head all day long. For example "Number One With A Bullet" repeats the same inane chorus so many times that I thought the CD had accidentally gone on repeat.\nMaybe Pagano could get away with such things if she put more emotion into her voice when she sings. The album has a pretty diverse mix of ballads and bubbly pop tunes, but Pagano sings all of them in the same dry monotone. Songs like "Cryin' Shame" and "So Bad" are supposed to express the pain created by relationships that don't work out but you wouldn't know it from listening to Pagano sing. Strangely enough, Paul McCartney sings a duet with Pagano on "So Bad." \nBut don't worry Britney; your dubious position in the music industry won't stand any serious threat from Lindsay Pagano.\n

\n\n