Hoosiers look to defeat Spartans

Ready for another win

All year, football coach Cam Cameron has talked about the importance of being a mistake-free team.\nNow, it's crucial.\nSaturday, the Hoosiers (2-5, 2-3), fresh off an emotional win against No. 13 Michigan, travel to East Lansing to face the No. 23 Michigan State Spartans. \nIn the 26-24 win against the Wolverines, MSU was given 76 yards from Wolverine penalties, which Spartan head coach Bobby Williams described as "huge."\nNot good news for the Hoosier team that, despite a 56-21 route of Northwestern, gave up 66 yards on nine penalties. \n"We have to get ready for a different style of play," freshman linebacker Herana-Daze Jones said. "We have to get ready for an inside team that's going to line you up and run right at you. It's totally different. We're focused on State. We're not looking at past, we're just focusing on future."\nAt Spartan Stadium, that focus is going to be tested by several players on the MSU team, specifically junior tailback T.J. Duckett.\nDuckett, who pummels opponents with his 6-foot-1, 249-pound frame, caught the game winning touchdown against Michigan. In addition to that, he rushed for 211 of the 352 total yards for the Spartans (5-2, 3-2) and had 19 receiving yards.\n"He's just a regular guy," senior wide receiver Henry Frazier said. "We got (senior running back) Levron (Williams), and Levron's a scary guy. We've got just as much weapons as they do. I think we're pretty evenly matched."\nFrazier said that while they are evenly matched, the Spartan offense isn't likely to put up the same type of numbers as the Hoosier offense can put up.\nComparing Williams to Duckett, against Northwestern, Williams had 219 all-purpose yards. Overall, Williams has racked up 1366 all-purpose yards in seven games.\nDuckett has 878 all-purpose yards for the season, 844 of which are rushing yards. That's a 488 yard difference.\n"(Duckett) could have started in the Big Ten as a junior in high school," Cameron said. "We talk about high school guys going to the NBA. Here is a guy who could have given up his high school career and gone ahead and play in college. He was that good in high school. He could have been playing college football throughout his high school career."\nIn preparation for this game, the Hoosier coaching staff has mixed a few parts of the game up, specifically, the line-up.\nArguably most surprising is the defensive roster change. Junior Ron Bethel, normally positioned as a safety, has moved to linebacker. Bethel replaces senior Devin Schaffer, who slipped to second on the depth chart, and is listed with junior safety Antonio Watson as back-ups.\n"I can't really talk about our plans, but we do have a scheme for the game," senior cornerback Marcus Floyd said. "Basically we're just trying to stay focused. We realize some of their tendencies, some of the things they like to do and we've been practicing this week on just basically trying to stop them."\nBoth teams put up explosive numbers after the upsets last weekend, but Frazier said the winner will be the one who's most prepared for this game.\n"The team that dwells on the past is going to be in trouble," Frazier said. "We already put the win aside, and we're already concentrating on them. For their sake, they should be doing the same thing. \n"Our attitude is great, and we're ready to get another win"