Getting involved in a hectic world

For the last few weeks, I've been in a bit of a blur, at least when I make it to my classes.\nSee, I'm starting to run myself ragged, because I have one too many things going on, and to top it all off, I am on the tail end of that wonderful time of the semester when all your professors like to give you exams at the same time. Isn't it great how that always works out?\nI spent the past three years of my existence here at IU at pretty much a snail's pace, having lots of free time to lounge around, but still staying somewhat active with a good amount of classes, as well as playing on the club lacrosse team. Sure, I would party and all that, but if I only made it out maybe two times a week, I didn't think anything of it. \nWell, apparently something clicked off in me this summer, and I decided to make the most of my remaining year here on the wonderful Bloomington campus. \nI am now juggling two different jobs, both at the IDS and at a bookstore, still playing lacrosse, as well as making partying a mandatory requirement in what is turning out to be a majority of the nights in a week. While work is not really ever optional, I am finding out that other things are. Sleep? Maybe every once in a while. Studying? Hmm, I think I've heard of that before. Eating nutritious foods? Well, Taco Bell and Burger King get me my vegetables, meat and bread products, and beer has got some bread products too, right? \nSo, I can imagine what is going through your heads right now as you sit in class, not even pretending to listen to what your professor is saying about calculus in your huge lecture hall. Why do I even care about how busy this guy is? Well, I got two reasons for you. One, I'm a columnist, and you have to read what I write and like it. And two, I'm gonna dish out a little bit of guidance to you younger kids out there.\nI am just now starting to get fully involved on campus, and appreciating all that there is to do around here. Through the newspaper, I have covered group panel discussions about the recent attacks and can gladly say I've never been more knowledgeable about a world problem. Also, since I'm spending so much time on campus either in jobs, class or with lacrosse, I am meeting more people than ever. And heck, you can never have too much of a nightlife, especially when there are so many bands to hear and different things to do despite this being Bloomington. Cause after all, the stupidest things seem fun while drunk at 4 a.m. Ever played softball with Hot Pockets? A definite "must try."\nBasically, I'm making the most of this year, and maybe a small part of me wishes I didn't wait this long to get all this enjoyment out of my experience here on this campus. So, for you young kids out there, while its mighty tempting to sit on your butt and see how many times you can see the same episode of "Friends" in one semester, get out there and do something else. You'll be glad you did. Now excuse me while I go to another class. What's that, a quiz? D'oh!