Around The Arts

Italian movie producer Cervi dies

ROME -- Tonino Cervi, an Italian producer, screenwriter and director who worked with such film greats as Federico Fellini, Bernardo Bertolucci and Michelangelo Antonioni, died of a heart attack Sunday. He was 71.\nCervi died on the way to a hospital in Siena. A Roman native, he was spending the Easter holidays there with his family.\nCervi produced one of Bertolucci's first feature films, "La Commare Secca" ("Grim Reaper"). In 1963, he won top honors at the Cannes Film Festival for Antonioni's "Deserto Rosso," or "Red Desert."\nIn the same years, he managed to put together such star directors as Fellini, Vittorio De Sica, Mario Monicelli and Luchino Visconti for a four-segment film called "Boccaccio ' 70."\nIn the 1950s, early in his career, he produced films with director Mauro Bolognini.\nCervi had just finished a new movie, "La Lista della Spesa" ("The Shopping List"), when he died.\nHe is survived by his companion, actress Emanuela Muni and four children.\nMTV to pay tribute to Aerosmith\nNEW YORK -- Kid Rock, Pink, Train, Shakira and Nas are among the performers who will walk this way to an MTV tribute to Aerosmith. \nAt "mtvICON: Aerosmith," the artists will perform some of the Boston-based rock band's hits from the past three decades. Sum 41, Ja Rule and Nelly will recreate the video for "Walk This Way,'' which teamed Aerosmith with Run-DMC in 1986. \nThe show also will feature testimonials from Mila Kunis of "That '70s Show'' and Alicia Silverstone, who have appeared in Aerosmith videos, as well as Janet Jackson, who was the subject of the first "mtvICON'' special a year ago. \nFor the finale, Aerosmith will take the stage. \nThe show will be taped April 14 in Los Angeles and is scheduled to air April 17 from 9 to 10:30 p.m. EST.