Hoosiers to face Wildcats in season finale

Freshman linebacker Herana-Daze Jones is not asking for much out of the IU offense. He just wants them to find the end zone 15 times this Saturday at Memorial Stadium against rival Kentucky.\n"I want to score 100 points against Kentucky," Jones, a Kentucky native, said. "I don't think (the seniors) have beaten them since they have been here, and it would be great to send them out with a win. I hope we run up the score against them. I hope we blow them out."\nAhh, yet another rival game, and more talking. But the Hoosiers (4-6, 4-4 Big Ten) aren't bad-mouthing the Kentucky (2-8, 1-7 SEC) team, they just have one objective: blow Kentucky away.\nAsk senior running back Levron Williams. Ask senior linebacker Justin Smith. Ask senior wide receiver Henry Frazier. Each of these seniors would love to beat a team that hasn't lost to the Hoosiers in six years. In fact, each mirrored Jones' wishes for this Saturday. All three want to "blow them out."\n"I just want to blow them out," Smith said. "Just to get a win, to win another trophy game, to end the season with a bang. You always want to end the season with a victory."\nIU hasn't ended a season with a victory since the Hoosiers beat Purdue in 1996. But because of the attacks on Sept. 11, the originally scheduled Sept. 15 game versus Kentucky was pushed back to 1 p.m. this weekend.\nKentucky's success has been minimal this year; the Wildcats have beaten a mere two teams. But this doesn't mean that the Hoosiers are over-confident going into this game.\n"They're a totally different team than they were at the beginning of the year," Smith said. "They're pretty good. There quarterback has a pretty good team, but we have a good scheme going into this week defensively. I know that we'll come out successful."\nKentucky's quarterback, sophomore Jared Lorenzen, helped the Wildcats to a near-upset of No.4 Tennessee. Lorenzen passed for 406 yards and four touchdowns, and scored another touchdown on a two-yard run. \nThe Wildcats lead the Vols going into the fourth quarter, before two late touchdowns passes by Tennessee ended with a three-point Kentucky loss.\nLast week, Kentucky had Saturday off, while the Hoosiers were collecting their second trophy of the season.\nSimilar to past games, IU has the better offensive statistics, but Kentucky's defense puts up strong rush defense numbers.\n"They are 2-8, but they are a very improved team," Williams said. "They've had a couple big games, where they've really played well. They could have beaten Tennessee and Mississippi State, so we can't go into this game thinking they are going to lay down for us." \nTraditionally, the IU-Kentucky game has been played for the Bourbon Barrel, but after a a few Kentucky students were killed in an alcohol-related car accident in 1999, the two schools decided to retire the trophy. \nBut even though the Barrel isn't officially part of the game, the Hoosiers still see a victory meaning that they've collected three trophies in one season.\n"This is a trophy game even though they don't do it anymore," Frazier said. "Also, I hate Kentucky, so I would love to get out of here with a win. But it's going to be a dirty game, just like Purdue, because they are another rivalry."\nThe Hoosiers lead the series, 16-14-1, but have yet to overcome the Wildcats in recent meetings. Last year, the Kentucky held IU to eight points in Lexington in the second half, while scoring 20 of their own.\nBut in addition to being the final game of the season, this will be the final time senior quarterback Antwaan Randle El, recently named First-Team All-American will take the field in a Hoosier uniform.\n"I'm really don't know how I feel right now," Randle El said. "I'm honestly trying not to think about it right now, but I don't know how I feel"