Hoosiers head home after attacks, game canceled against St. Louis

The volleyball team was glad to be back safe and sound in Bloomington Tuesday night. After a long drive to St. Louis starting at 8 p.m. Monday for their game with St. Louis University, the team spent the night downtown and awoke Tuesday morning to television news of the terrorist tragedy around the nation. \nAccording to volleyball sports information director Laura Dewitz, the team spent only a short amount of time before leaving downtown and traveling to head coach Katie Weismiller's parent's house in the St. Louis suburbs. \n"The girls weren't upset about the match being canceled because there was the reality of what was going on in the world, it is more important than a volleyball game," Weismiller said. \nWeismiller said the team was moved from downtown St. Louis as soon as possible, and it was soon decided that the game would be postponed. \n"The match will be rescheduled," Weismiller said. "It is questionable when, even if we will play this weekend, but that is with any sport; professional, college..." \n"The decision to cancel the game was decided on by our athletic director. We do not know when it will be rescheduled to, we thought maybe tomorrow, but there was a conflict. The match will be played at a later time," St. Louis assistant director of media relations Diana Koval said. \nWhen asked if any players had been directly affected by the events of the past 24 hours Weismiller said, "Whether you are a student living in Bloomington or across the country, everyone will know at least one person affected by this"