Team cruises to 52-point win

Before this weekend, women's track and field coach Randy Heisler said it would be rough for his team to win because the Hoosiers would be competing against Eastern Michigan and Illinois and because those two teams wouldn't steal points from each other.\nBut, by the end of Saturday's meet at Robert C. Haugh Track and Field Complex, the only way those two teams had a chance of defeating the Hoosiers would be to combine their points.\nIU (4-0) won 12 of 19 events en route to victory. The closest competitor, Eastern Michigan, finished 52 points behind the Hoosiers. IU athletes combined for a one-two punch in five events.\nSenior Jennifer Brown started off the winning trend by taking first in the hammer throw. She later provisionally qualified for the NCAA Championships in the shot put by extending her season-best mark by two feet.\nJunior Heather Colyer provisionally qualified for the second time this year in the discus, and she now sits third on the IU outdoor records list.\nIU's sprinters continued their winning ways with first place finishes in the 100-meter run, 100-meter hurdles and the 200-meter and 400-meter runs by senior Lorraine Dunlop, sophomores Danielle Carruthers and Rachelle Boone and junior Tia Trent, respectively.\nHoosier dominance continued into the middle-distance events. Junior Stephanie Magley won the 800-meter run.\nSophomore Irina Kharun captured the javelin with a 54-foot margin.\nSenior Maria Fleischmann and sophomore Rose Richmond rounded out the meet with victories in the triple and long jump, respectively.