Woodlawn construction to finish

An extra traffic headache on campus is expected to clear up next week.\nWith work on a sewer line on schedule, Woodlawn Avenue should be open by March 29, construction officials said.\nConstruction workers, putting in 12-14 hours a day, are making good time, assistant superintendent John Neal said.\nHe said the project is going more quickly than he expected.\nThe project on Woodlawn Avenue, the second of two recent projects, began March 12. While the road will open next week, the work should be done by April 2, said Doug Jones of City of Bloomington Utilities.\nWorkers are replacing a sewer line from the intersection of Seventh Street and Woodlawn Avenue north on Woodlawn to 10th Street. Woodlawn has been closed since work began.\nThe reopening of Woodlawn might alleviate traffic problems for now, but more extensive projects are planned.\nExtensive sewer improvement projects planned for the summer -- similar to last summer's work on Kirkwood Avenue -- will block major campus thoroughfares.\n"These two projects are the initial phase of major sanitary and storm sewer projects that will resume after commencement in May and continue through August," Kirk White, IU special assistant for external affairs, said in a press release. "Sections of Fee Lane and Tenth Streets will be closed during most of the summer months"