Sunday, June 16

Triple H spoils Austin's hopes

Welcome back to another great semester. \nClasses have started, books haven't been bought and Monday Night Raw starts an hour later -- because of time zones -- than the time I became accustomed to during break. Unfortunately, those in the dorms who had the luxury of watching Raw at home during break now need to find another place to get their Monday dose of wrestling. \nI will use the power of words to plead to the University: PLEASE BRING TNN TO THE DORMS! Maybe this plea will at least get them to ponder why they are depriving the proud students of IU from what they all love, the World Wrestling Federation. \nTo those of you who do not watch wrestling all the time but simply love the article, let me bring you back up to speed with what is happening on Raw. \nStone Cold Steve Austin got a title shot against WWF champion Kurt Angle. Angle has now held the belt for a long time, and I thought he would lose the title Monday simply because it would be a big ratings boost for the upcoming Royal Rumble. Triple H made his return and spoiled Austin's title hopes. When Triple H gets back to 100 percent, expect to see him make a run for the title. But, do not count out Austin.\nStephanie McMahon Helmsley has made quite a presence on Raw. Her "daddy's little girl" routine and snobby attitude make it easy for fans to bring that love-to-hate-her feeling into the arena each week. With Trish Stratus also appearing to play the role of Vince McMahon's secret fling, expect to see Stephanie play an even more important role in the story lines. \nTriple H and Stephanie have not been together much on television, so something big could happen here soon. It would be fitting that a television marriage should end the same way most marriages do -- a divorce. Vince has asked for a divorce from his wife on national television. Stephanie might be the next.\n The Rock was forced to team up with two referees and fight Rikishi and Kane. The actual match ended in a disqualification when Kane tried using a chair. Rock was down and almost out before Undertaker came to his rescue. The Rock and Undertaker seem to be getting along well right now, but I have a feeling they will be fighting one another in the near future. \nRikishi is the top heel in the federation right now, and this could only last so long. Ideally, I would like to see The Rock turn heel to set up a big match between him and Austin at Wrestlemania.\nExpect for next Monday's Raw to be hotter than the dance floor at Ground Zero. The Royal Rumble is right around the corner, and Angle will not be the champion by the time the illustrious pay-per-view rolls around. A title change is coming soon, if you smell what I'm cooking.