Around the Game

Golf tourney starts today\nThe men's golf team won't have to travel very far for this week's Legends Intercollegiate, which will be played at the Legends of Indiana golf course in nearby Franklin, Ind. The Hoosiers will be one of 13 teams competing in the 54-hole event, which begins at 8 a.m. today and will conclude Tuesday afternoon.\nWomen's soccer team loses\nThe women's soccer team lost both weekend games to end all hopes of a Big Ten tournament appearance.\nGoing into the weekend IU still had tournament hopes, needing two wins or two Iowa losses. Only eight of the 11 Big Ten teams made the tournament and Iowa held the eighth and final spot. IU was ninth in the conference.\nIowa's Sara Lynch scored the game's first and only goal of the game seven minutes into the contest. That goal would stand as the Hoosiers were defeated at Iowa 1-0.\nThe Hoosiers then fell to Illinois 5-0 Sunday.\nField hockey team loses\nA relentless Ohio State offensive attack never let up as the Buckeyes defeated the Hoosiers 8-0 at Mellencamp Pavilion Friday afternoon. Indiana keepers, sophomore Molly Pulkrabek and senior Alexandra Kaufman, posted 17 total saves in the loss.\nSwim teams pass 1st test \nIn preparation for the upcoming 2000-2001 season, the men's swimming team held an intrasquad scrimmage Friday afternoon at the Counsilman and Billingsley Aquatics Center.\nThe Crimson defeated the Cream 99-70 with the help of senior Joe Trent. Trent won easily in the 200-yard individual medley and the 500-yard freestyle.\nThe women's swimming team held their own Friday afternoon scrimmage. The afternoon featured four 200-yard medley teams as the squad was divided into Cream and Crimson teams. The Cream took victory with 108 points to the Crimson's 58. \nJunior Susan Woessner won the 200-yard freestyle and the 200 back.