Volleyball remains undefeated in Pittsburgh Invitational

The volleyball team traveled to Pittsburgh this weekend, and returned with three more wins under their belt. They also claimed their second tournament title, winning the Pittsburgh Invititational.\nThe Hoosiers (6-0) didn't lose one game in any of their three matches. IU faced Miami, Ohio, in their first match, and won 15-5, 15-7, 15-7. Both senior outside hitter Amanda Welter and sophomore outside hitter Hillary Toivonen contributed with 13 kills apiece.\nIn their first match Saturday, the Hoosiers faced Arkansas, and came out on top, 15-9, 15-8, 15-7. IU had five players with double figure kills. Welter led the team with 18 kills and four block assists.\nIn the final game of the tournament the Hoosiers defeated Pittsburgh, 15-2, 15-12, 15-10. Toivonen and freshman outside hitter Nicole Hill each had double-doubles in kills and digs. Toivonen had 13 kills and 16 digs and Hill finished the game with 11 kills and 11 digs.\n"We played very well this weekend," said Coach Katie Weismiller. "We came out focused and got a great effort out of everyone. We played aggressive and our offense was on. I'm so happy because this team improved with every point. I also want to say that our bench helped us tremendously out there. We were on the road and I challenged them to cheer, yell and support their team and they did an outstanding job"