Students ignorant to blame Harvey for firing

I am embarrassed to be affiliated with this institution, in light of recent events. I find some of the students' behavior grotesque, at best. \nWhen I saw the pictures of Kent Harvey that read, "Wanted Dead or Alive," I wanted to be sick. The students that were holding those signs have no idea how ignorant they looked. They should open their eyes to the fact that Kent Harvey, not Bob Knight, should be commended for standing up for what he thought was right. So many have been quick to blame Kent for Knight's dismissal, but they should take a few steps back to realize that there is only one man that should shoulder the blame for this and it is Knight himself. Knight was aware of and broke the guidelines that were set before him in May. \nFurthermore, let's put to rest all the accusations that this was some sort of "frame job" or that Kent and the four other young men were "baiting" Knight. \nMy brother was one of the four that was with Kent last Thursday, and I know that you would be hard pressed to find a better group of young men anywhere. These five young men were just unfortunate victims of circumstances. Do you really think that they really wanted to make themselves targets of thousands of Knight supporters? No, they were just enjoying their first few weeks here at IU, but it had to be spoiled by this. What do any of these boys have to gain? Nothing! So this is why the Knight supporters should be angry with Knight, not these five young men, because Knight is the one that betrayed them by not living up to his word.