Day 1 of the 2011 Big Ten Wrestling Championships was not kind to the Hoosiers. Five of the team's 10 entrants were eliminated. Their seasons, and in some cases careers, are likely over.

Five IU wrestlers will return to the mats tomorrow. True freshman Mitchell Richey will wrestle for seventh place against Purdue's Jake Fleckenstein. Richey was pinned by the Boilermaker during the season, but returned the favor Saturday morning. If Richey were to win this match, he may have an outside shot at a wildcard spot for nationals.

Graduate Student Ricky Alcala will wrestle for seventh at heavyweight against Ben Kuhar of Northwestern. Alcala defeated Kuhar 8-6 in December.

Three other Hoosiers remain in contention for third place. Each will have two matches tomorrow. Whether or not they win the first determines whether the second will be for third or fifth.

At 149 pounds, senior Kurt Kinser has a matchup against Eric Terrazas from Illinois. Kinser was injured when he would have wrestled Terrazas during the dual season, so this will be their first matchup this year.

Senior Paul Young at 157 pounds will look for his second win of the season over seventh-seeded Sean McMurray of Michigan State. Young won 5-2 earlier this year and will be favored once again.

After a shocking loss in the first round today, junior Matt Powless has fought through the 197 pound field for a matchup against Minnesota's Cody Yohn. Yohn was injured when they would have met earlier this season in a dual. Consider Powless a slight favorite.