Two men attempt break in at Sigma Chi

Campus filler image

Two men were arrested on charges of burglary early Sunday morning for attempting to break into the Sigma Chi fraternity house after reportedly being denied access to the night’s party.

IU Police Department Capt. Andy Stephenson said the men, later identified as Levi Drouillard, 27, and Kenneth Mitchell, 35, got into an altercation with a few Sigma Chi members after being denied entry.

One of the men then produced a pocket knife, causing the Sigma Chi members to go inside.

The two men returned later, allegedly kicking in a window in anger after not being allowed entry, IUPD Lt. Brice Teter said. Sigma Chi members then called the 
police.

Mitchell also faces a charge of public intoxication, while Drouillard also faces charges of intimidation, criminal mischief, criminal trespass and disorderly conduct.

One of the men sustained cuts to his head when he tried to enter the house and was taken to the hospital when police and an ambulance arrived minutes after the men tried to break in.

Sigma Chi sober executive David Holtkamp said no one in the house was injured but declined further comment.

Other Sigma Chi members also declined to comment during the night.

Several police cars were on the scene following the attempted break-in, and the injured man was initially treated in an ambulance before being taken to the hospital.

Nyssa Kruse, Chris Mura 
and Emily Miles contributed reporting