Former Park Tudor Coach Kyle Cox released Monday pending his trial

A judge ordered former Park Tudor Coach Kyle Cox to be released from jail Monday pending his trial, after he attending a detention hearing in Indianapolis.

Prosecutors are appealing the decision, meaning he will stay in jail for at least 
another day.

A motion must be filed by 5 p.m. Tuesday, which will be heard by a separate judge.

Cox was arrested at his home last Thursday on one count of coercion and enticement. Park Tudor may have delayed the investigation.

Federal court documents state he had an inappropriate relationship with a 15-year-old female student.

The documents also state he had illegal contact through text messages with a male student after he was fired.

It was revealed in court Monday that this male student assaulted the victim, as reported by the Indianapolis Star. This was revealed through text messages between Cox and the male student read aloud in court.

In the court documents released last Thursday, it was revealed Cox texted the student saying he would look the other way if anything happened to the victim.

More information came out Monday detailing that as Cox and the student were texting during school, the victim tried to take the phone from the male student.

The male student texted Cox that he then grabbed the victim by the neck and threw her to the ground.

Cox’s defense argued to the judge that he is not a flight risk, and his father said in court he would watch Cox until his trial, and that he didn’t believe his son is a criminal.