Lance Fox coming to the Buskirk-Chumley

Lance Fox, an impressionist and comedian, will perform his one-man show “A One Man Crowd” at 8 p.m. Saturday at the Buskirk-Chumley Theater.

General admission to the show is $17 for the public or $12.50 for students with a valid ID. Tickets increase $20 the day of the show.

Known as the “Man of 200 Voices,” Fox can bring to life characters and celebrities through impression, according to the BCT website. He’s able to switch from voice to voice quickly, creating a captivating 
performance.

Fox, a former member of the IU Track and Field team, won his first talent contest while on a trip to Florida with the track team, according to his website.

The former All-American pole vaulter sustained career-ending injuries, but that’s where the comedy began.

After beginning his career performing at various comedy clubs, Fox began working with high-profile comedians such as George Carlin, Tim Allen and Brad Garrett, according to the BCT website. He has also made several appearances on the Bob and Tom radio show.

He has crafted a number of impressions and can imitate celebrities such as Jimmy Stewart, Clint Eastwood, Katharine Hepburn, Liam Neeson, Barack Obama and Bobby Knight. The impression of Knight was reviewed positively by Dan Carpenter of the Indianapolis Star, who called it “the soul of subtlety.”

He can also perform a wide range of singing 
impressions such as Elvis, Willie Nelson, John Mellencamp and more. His singing impressions are expected to take up at least half the show.

Fox’s comedy performance is rated PG. Doors will open 30 minutes before the show is scheduled to start.

For more information about the performance and how to purchase tickets, visit bctboxoffice.com.