Editorial: Degree of uncertainty

We say: College vs. real world? You decide!

Congratulations, IU graduates! You all are now moving on to the next stage of your life.

You will get to leave behind disinterested TAs to meet your disinterested bosses and trade your 8 a.m. class for your 8 a.m. job — if you’re lucky enough to find one. Scantrons and blue books and post-exam wrist pains are no more, but employment is going to really cut into precious Netflix time.

Come to think of it, is it better to be in college or out living life in the ?adult world?

We of the IDS Editorial Board can possibly come to a conclusion to this debate, which is as old as Oxford itself.

What we can do is put our heads together to help you consider what is great about being a college graduate versus ?an undergrad.

Team Graduation

1 You no longer rely on IU Secure for your wireless needs.

2 The weather wherever you end up might actually respect the concept of a forecast.

3 You won’t be up until the crack of dawn studying for that class that sounded like an interesting and easy general ?education credit.

4 Your workplace won’t have its own sports team to root for, but that also means there aren’t any teams to let you down.

5 Quitting your job isn’t going to affect your GPA.

6 On that note, your GPA isn’t going to matter once it’s replaced by actual work experience.

7 If you end up living at home, you get to enjoy free home cooking.

8 Your workplace probably can’t and won’t host registered hate organizations.

9 With a job, you might get to watch “Game of Thrones” legally someday.

10 Bloomington? More like Death-by-allergies-ton!

Team College

1 Sweatpants at work? No. Sweatpants at your chemistry exam? Yes.

2 Wherever you end up after graduation probably won’t be prettier than IU is year-round.

3 You are guaranteed a promotion every two semesters as long as you’re taking enough courses.

4 The only Little 500 a graduate gets to see is their $500 monthly paycheck. Zing!

5 Going to the bars on a Tuesday is both acceptable and financially savvy.

6 You can take a midday pit stop to nap on a public couch.

7 Bad professors are for a semester. You could be stuck with a crummy boss for years.

8 Your options for wings, pizza, Mexican, Asian and more are ridiculously plentiful.

9 It’s okay if 90 percent of your glassware is actually plastic Pizza X cups.

10 You can still pretend your student loans aren’t going to be coming for you.