The Freshest Issue Ever

Inside set out to find the freshest people on campus. Our criteria were simple: students of any age, in any discipline who turn our heads and energize our world. They aren’t necessarily at the top of their classes, and they aren’t all presidents of student organizations, but they’re looking forward and taking action. We found more innovators, risk-takers, and trendsetters than we could fit in the magazine (so check our Web site), but we narrowed down the list to eight people we think you should see.

Oct 4, 2009 6:05 pm

Fresh out of money

We’re young. We’ve got love to mess around with, time to screw up, and money to lose. Right? We wish. Here’s how to get your life back.

Oct 4, 2009 6:20 pm

Fresh out of love

Nov 3, 2009 2:19 am

Life work

Edie is 75. She still serves your coffee and scrambled eggs. She can't afford to quit her job at Wee Willie's.

Oct 4, 2009 6:24 pm

Follow the fruit

IU Dining Services is, for the second year, serving apples grown only miles away from Bloomington. Inside tracked an apple from the orchard to your order.

This year is Pete Goldsmith’s first as IU’s Dean of Students. The alumnus tells us about his own days as a Hoosier, how he copes with student deaths, and why he wants to dine with the Queen of England.