I don't know whether to call Total Trash Tuesday one of Bloomington's best kept secrets or just great music on, you know, a Tuesday.

But even though about 70 people were at the Bluebird by the last set, TTT should soon be making Tuesday the new Saturday in Bloomington. The bands it brings in are consistently great.

Last night's lineup consisted of Gourmet Scum, The Rosewood Thieves, The Impossible Shapes and Prizzy Prizzy Please.

After Gourmet Scum (apparently not believers in band Web sites?) opened the night with noisy hard rock and headbanging, New York visitors The Rosewood Thieves took the stage.

I was excited about the whole evening's lineup, but I was ecstatic about seeing The Rosewood Thieves. Being the WEEKEND Editor, I get about 3700 promos a week sent to me. I actually do listen to as many as possible, but 99% most of them I make it about 3 songs in before switching CDs. The Rosewood Thieves, though, sent us their latest album Rise & Shine, and not only did I make it through the whole CD, I listened to it every morning for a week and then gave it to my friends. I highly recommend it.

I was worried after hearing the album that the band would be a letdown live, but they ended up being just as incredible. Lots of band chemistry, and they kept me watching because I just wanted to feel as freakin' cool as they were.

After The Rosewood Thieves came Bloomingtonian psychedelic/folk/weird act The Impossible Shapes, who conjured up plenty of offbeat lyrical imagery and beats.

The night finished up with Bloomington favorites Prizzy Prizzy Please. Not a bad band played last night, but the Prizzies blew everyone else out of the water.

It seems like all kinds of people I meet around campus say they love Prizzy Prizzy Please, but I'm amazed by how many people still say they haven't seen them. If you're one of those people, get to their next show in Bloomington (Oct. 1 @ Fester's, according to their MySpace calendar). They're everything you want in a live band: high energy, great chemistry, danceable, interactive, and great original music.

Total Trash Tuesday's lineup next week will be: Monotonix, Push-Pull vs. Tremendous Fucking, Slam Dunk and Gravitas. $5, 21+.

-Amanda Lowry (Photos by Megan Clayton)< ><-->