Woah... not only is the Buskirk-Chumley hosting Deerhoof, Magnolia Electric Co. and many more, Ted Leo and the Pharmacists are playing Nov. 4. Opening up will be Titus Andronicus, who played Bloomington's Statehouse before heading out to Pitchfork Music Festival. Info courtesy of Buskirk Web site:

"

Buskirk-Chumley Theater

presents

An Election Night Party featuring

Ted Leo & the Pharmacists

With Titus Andronicus

8:00pm

$12 in advance

$14 day of show\0xFFFD

($2 discount on day of show with proof of voting*)

BUY TICKETS

Maybe the dilapidated garages and all-ages clubs of the East Coast post-hardcore scene of the late 80s is a fitting place to begin our story. That's where the chronicle of our era's ever-humble valedictorian, Ted Leo, really gets interesting, anyway. It was here in bands Citizen's Arrest and Animal Crackers (and later as the main song writer in Chisel) that Ted developed a sharpened political prowess, an assiduous commitment to his Gibson ES-335, an ear for melody, and charisma contagious enough to be considered chemical weaponry. A mod-punk savant in an age where punk (like practically everything intangible we've ever expressed interest in) has been replaced by product. With his latest, Living with the Living, Ted Leo delivers that existentialist ethos to a new crop of rude boys. The most indelible stamp Ted leaves on his work is an incitement to his fans to take themselves seriously, never compromise their ideals and, essentially, make a difference in theirs and the lives of those around them. It's a message of compassion not unlike that of one of Ted's denim-clad, working-class-empowering forebears. As we've learned from those artists, vital, impassioned music is often the direct result of a dire political climate, and Living with the Living is a shining example of that truism. A voice of dissent with a firm grasp of the past and a hopeful eye to the future, Ted Leo and the Pharmacists are rebels without a pause.

Titus Andronicus (http://titusandronicustheband.blogspot.com) will open the show.

*This means get the "I voted" sticker from your polling location when you cast your vote."

Speaking of elections, if you haven't laughed to Tina Fey's awesome Sarah Palin impression on SNL, CHECK IT.

Cool.

-Stefania