A 500-yard freestyle win and 200-yard freestyle school record highlighted day two of the women's swimming and diving Big Ten Championships.

After ending day one in the lead, the Hoosiers are now in second place with 211 points. Minnesota leads with 258 points.

To open the night, senior Kait Flederbach senior Stephanie Armstrong, sophomore Brooklynn Snodgrass and junior Cynthia Pammett set a school record in the 200-yard freestyle relay, finishing in 1:29.49. They placed third overall. Flederbach's lead-off time of 22.40 is second-fastest in IU school history.

In the 500-yard freestyle, senior Lindsay Vrooman defended her title, clocking in at 4:36.91 nearly two seconds ahead of her competition. That is the fourth-fastest time in school history, as well as a NCAA A-cut qualifying time.

Junior Dorina Szekeres took fifth in the 200-yard individual medley. That is a second ahead of her time from last year's Big Tens. Senior Bronwyn Pasloski finished eighth, but set a career best in the preliminary round with a time of 2:00.59.

Freshman Gia Dalesandro won the consolation final of the same event. She finished ninth overall in 1:58.61, a career-best time. Freshman Bailey Pressey was 16th overall.

In the 50-yard freestyle final, Flederbach finished in 22.50 seconds to take fifth place. Armstrong was fourth in the bonus final and 20th overall.

To complete the night, senior diver Kate Hillman finished sixth in the 1-meter competition. She had a career-best score of 321.60 points, after advancing to the final with a prelims score of 293.05.

Competition resumes Friday morning with preliminary rounds.