IU women's soccer lost to North Carolina 4-0 in the second round of the NCAA Tournament in Chapel Hill, North Carolina on Friday.

The defending NCAA champion Tar Heels dominated possession throughout the game, outshooting the Hoosiers 23-2. Ten of the North Carolina shots were on goal and four were saved by senior goalie Shannon Flower.

North Carolina scored their first goal in the 38th minute off the foot of senior forward Crystal Dunn who made a run through the Hoosier defense and sent a touch to the back of the net. The goal put the Tar Heels up 1-0 which is where the score would stay for the rest of the first half.

The Tar Heels added a second goal in the 50th minute when Dunn sent a cross to freshman forward Amber Munerlyn inside the box. Munerlyn sent the ball past Flower for the textbook finish to go up 2-0.

The Hoosier offense would not be able to respond to the two goal deficit. IU only managed two shots the entire night, neither of which was on goal.

The Tar Heels would add a third goal in the 80th minute from senior forward Kealia Ohai and a fourth goal in the 86th minute from sophomore midfielder Paige Nielsen to extend the North Carolina lead to 4-0.

The loss eliminates IU from the NCAA Tournament. The Hoosiers ended the season with a record of 15-7-1, the most wins in a single season in school history.