It's a special Father's Day for Larry Bentley.

The teacher from Hobart, Ind., made his first trip to Omaha, Neb., with his son and grandson to see his Hoosiers play in their first College World Series.

Bentley said he doesn't follow IU baseball that closely, but he decided to make the trip because his son said it would be the perfect Father's Day present.

The Bishop Noll High School (Hammond, Ind.) teacher said that he's been very pleased with the reaction he's received from the people of Omaha. He noted that everyone has been very friendly and that he's talked to lots of fellow IU fans on the streets during his first two days around Omaha.

Bentley, clad in a red IU hat and red IU football t-shirt, said he received his master's degree from IU.

He admitted that it's tough to follow the team from Northwest Indiana, but he's been following the Hoosiers' postseason run.

Bentley said he arrived at the park about two hours before the first pitch of the Oregon State vs. Mississippi State game and had general admission tickets. He seemed pleased about his spot in right field and took a stroll around the park getting acclimated to it.

While he's only here for a couple of days, he said he anticipates it to be one great weekend.

And it will be a Father's Day spent at the ballpark with three generations of Bentleys.