By Men's Tennis writer Frank Bonner

IU Coach Randy Bloemendaal and the IU men's tennis team will be playing host to their fourth consecutive home match at 2 p.m. Wednesday against Purdue University. The Hoosiers found a way to win two of their last three home matches against No. 35 Michigan, No. 51 Michigan State, and Butler.

IU has only lost three of the 11 home games it has played this season. The team's overall record is 11-10 and will be looking to go two games above .500 against the Boilermakers. After the heartbreaking 4-3 lost to Michigan on Sunday, Bloemendaal said how important it is for his seniors to perform well in every competition.

"We need those guys to win," Bloemendaal said. "We really do we need them to come through for us."

The Hoosiers only have two seniors in Josh MacTaggart and Isade Juneau. The rest of the roster consists of one junior and five freshmen. Purdue's roster is similar to IU's considering they only have two seniors as well. The Boilermakers have a 14-6 record, winning four of their seven away matches.

Purdue is currently on a two game losing streak, having lost to both Michigan and Michigan State at home over the weekend. Although IU lost a home match to Michigan as well, they defeated Michigan State in a 6-1 victory.

IU will be Purdue's fifth Big Ten opponent. The Hoosiers are1-3 against the Big Ten this season.

-- frbonner@indiana.edu