Sunday afternoon, the No. 1 IU men's basketball team took down then-No. 10 Ohio State in Columbus, Ohio, a bounce back win for the Hoosiers after they fell Thursday night in Champaign, Ill. on a last-second layup to the Fighting Illini.

Initially, it was almost certain that IU would give up its No. 1 ranking, but because three of the other top five teams in the country lost last week as well, the 81-68 road victory kept IU atop the AP poll for yet another week.

But the win also had some-what historic implications as well. The Hoosier victory was IU's:

• first double digit road win at a top 10 team since Dec. 5, 1964 when the Hoosiers beat No. 8 Kansas St. 81-70
  • first win on the road against a top 10 team since Dec. 5, 2000 when they took down No. 10 Notre Dame 86-78
  • first road win against a top 25 team since the Hoosiers beat Iowa 77-66 on Jan. 13, 2002
  • first double digit win in Columbus since March 6, 1996 when IU beat the Buckeyes 73-56

The road victory was also IU's fifth win against a team that was ranked in the top 25 when the Hoosiers played them this season, which leads the country. Additionally, the Hoosiers beat Georgetown in the Progressive Legends Classic in November when the Hoyas were unranked, but after this week's AP poll, Georgetown sits at No. 15.

Individually, the Hoosiers set marks as well. Junior guard Victor Oladipo set a career-high with 26 points on 8-of-10 shooting from the field to go along with 9-of-10 shooting at the charity stripe.

Senior Christian Watford, who also eclipsed the 20-point mark Sunday, moved into 11th place on the Indiana all-time scoring list. With his 20 points, Watford now stands at 1,603 points in his Hoosier career, surpassing Greg Graham (1,590) and Scott May (1,593).