The No. 60 Indiana women's tennis team hosted No. 22 Notre Dame on Sunday at the IU Tennis Center. The Hoosiers lost their previous two matches 4-3 on the road against Tennessee and Kentucky. The Fighting Irish defeated Baylor on Saturday in South Bend, Ind. before traveling to IU.

There was fierce competition for the doubles point. Notre Dame's Jennifer Kellner/JoHanna Manningham defeated IU's pair of sophomores Katie Klyczek/Carolyn Chupa 8-2.

In the No. 1 match, senior Leslie Hureau and junior Sophie Garre were down 30-0, while leading 4-3 in the match, but rattled off five straight points en route to the Hoosiers taking a 6-3 lead. An overhead smash off the racket of Sophie Garre gave Indiana a 7-3 advantage and brought the Hoosiers within one point of taking the No. 1 doubles match. However, Notre Dame was not done yet. The Fighting Irish won the next two games to close the gap to 7-5. With her teammates slow clapping on the adjacent court, Hureau hit a rocket across the court that Notre Dame's Julie Sabacinski couldn't handle and IU won the match 8-5.

Indiana sophomores Alecia Kauss and Shannon Murdy started the No. 3 match with a 3-0 lead. The Fighting Irish roared back to tie the match 6-6, then went up 8-7. Kauss and Murdy fought back to tie the match at eight, which sparked an "IU" chant from their teammates. Notre Dame's Quinn Gleason and Katherine White won the tiebreaker, which gave the Fighting Irish a 9-8 victory and the doubles point in the dual match.