IU Senior Derek Drouin was announced as the winner of the Big Ten Field Athlete of the Year and Big Ten Field Athlete of the Meet after his performance this past weekend. Drouin took home his sixth Big Ten title in the high jump just minutes after finishing third in the men's heptathlon.

In the heptathlon high jump, Drouin set a new world record when he cleared 2.30m (7-6.5). The next day, Drouin finished competition in the heptathlon, then turned around 30 minutes later to compete in the men's high jump.

Even IU Coach Ron Helmer was skeptical about Drouin's endurance after Friday night.

"It absolutely has to affect his performance tomorrow," said Helmer after the first day of competition. "Whether he wins the high jump remains to be seen but you can't compete in seven events without feeling the effects on your body."

Drouin earned six points in the heptathlon with his third place finish before focusing in on the high jump. By the time he was done, Drouin had earned 10 more points for the Hoosiers with his high jump victory. He didn't miss a bar until every other competitor had dropped from competition.

Drouin cleared 2.26m (7-5) to take home the victory, and in the process, breaking his own Big Ten meet record by a centimeter.

Drouin will next compete at the NCAA Championships on March 8-9 in Fayetteville, Ark. where he will make a bid for his fourth NCAA Championship.