After the initial release of the information about the nine-game suspensions of IU men's basketball freshmen forward Hanner Mosquera-Perea and center Peter Jurkin, more interesting facts have risen to the surface and been clarified:

• Mark Adams will forever be considered an "IU booster" according to the view of the NCAA which, of course, is the only opinion that really matters in this case. Even though Adams only donated $185 to IU, in seven payments lasting from 1986-1992 and hasn't donated a dime since then, his previous contributions mark him as an IU booster for life.
  • It has been reported that Adams' donations were made in the form of seven payments to the IU Varsity Club by his ex-wife who wanted to buy IU alumni stickers for her car. She bought three of them for $30 each, three for $25 each and one for $20, and this was enough to classify Adams forever as an IU booster, even though these contributions were made between 20 and 26 years ago, before both Jurkin and Mosquera-Perea were born.
  • Adams is a coach of the American Athletic Union (AAU) basketball team Indiana Elite, a team that consistently produces sought-after high school basketball talent. Both Jurkin and Mosquera-Perea played on Adams' team before coming to IU, but this alone didn't cause any violations, and it won't cause any violations in the future, as long as Adams isn't involved with in the recruiting process of any players who eventually decided to come to IU. The violation pinned on Jurkin and Mosquera-Perea was for accepting thousands of dollars from Adams for travel expenses, food, clothing, electronics, and other items while they were recruited by IU, not simply for playing on a basketball team coached by the IU alum.
  • It appears that IU cannot ever recruit another player who was sought out and helped from Adam's nonprofit organization, A-HOPE, which helps bring international athletes to the U.S. Because Adams will forever be considered an IU booster, and because he is the founder of this company, his IU donations will be forever tied to A-HOPE, foreseeably preventing the Hoosiers from going after another player tied to the nonprofit.
  • I still wonder how the NCAA would deal with parents of high school athletes who have made donations to their alma mater, or any other school for that matter. Especially since Adams was considered Mosquera-Perea's legal guardian since he came to the U.S., it seems that parents may not even be able to provide monetary assistance to their kids if the student wants to look into playing for a school which the parent has made donations to.