After rumors surfaced on Twitter of his commitment last night, Fairburn, Ga. athlete Rashard Fant has made it official: he is now a member of IU's 2013 football recruiting class.

The Hoosiers had targeted Fant over a long period of time . He had considered the Hoosiers his No. 1 choice over other scholarship offers from Florida State, Utah, Kentucky and Washington State among others.

A four-star recruit from Our Lady of Mercy Catholic High School, Fant projects to play cornerback and some wide receiver in his collegiate career. Per Rivals.com, Fant is the No. 17 athlete in the entire country. According to ESPN's recruiting service, Fant is listed as the No. 148 overall prospect in the nation.

In a tweet from recent IU four-star commit David Kenney last night, he prematurely announced that Fant had committed to IU. Fant later tweeted that he had not committed yet.

With his announcement today, Fant is now the 12th member of IU's 2013 recruiting class and its third four-star commitment of the class. His decision comes as the Hoosiers continue to build on one of its most talented recruiting classes in its history, a group with the most four-star recruits ever to be committed to IU in one year.