After leading the IU men's basketball team to three national titles in 1976, 1981 and 1987 as well as coaching the USA team who won Olympic gold in 1984, former IU Coach Bob Knight has decided to sell off several pieces of hardware to help raise money for his grandkids' college funds.

Items in the "Bob Knight Collection" will include Knight's championship rings, his gold medal given to him by the Los Angeles Olympic Committee, a sport coat and warmup jacket given to him during the 1984 Olympic Games and an assortment of ties, jackets, trophies, hunting knives and military keepsakes.

Knight has two grandsons, and his wife also has a niece and nephew who the former IU Coach hoped "would get good use out of this," Knight said to the Associated Press.

The auction will begin later this week and will last until Dec. 5 at www.steinersports.com. The Knight collectables will be sold alongside artifacts that include Don Larson's jersey from his 1956 World Series perfect game, handwritten pages from Joe DiMaggio's diaries, a baseball signed by former Yankees owner George Steinbrenner and a Mickey Mantle autographed magazine.

The AP also reported that Steiner Sports CEO Brandon Steiner said that the former coach "wanted to be able to give some of the proceeds to his grandchildren and charities"