Offensive Line Coach Greg Frey has been making an impression on offensive line recruits such as Orlando, Fla. left tackle Shawn Curtis and Columbus (Ind.) North tackle Ethan Brown.

Brown visited this past Saturday, while Curtis came to IU during a junior day in late March. The trip marked the first time to IU for Curtis, who Rivals.com rates as a three-star recruit.

The 6-foot-5-inch, 270-pound junior has offers from Cincinnati, Connecticut, Kentucky, Louisville and North Carolina, among others, but has kept in touch with Frey on a regular basis.

"We talk usually once or twice a week," Curtis said. "He lets me know how the o-line did that week. I tell him to keep me updated, of course."

He also said IU is currently in his top five, even though it is very early in his college search and he has only visited one other school -- Kentucky.

It was far from Brown's first trip to Bloomington, as he and his teammates have routinely come to summer camps at Memorial Stadium. The 6-foot-5-inch, 250-pounder also has a brother who is currently a freshman at IU.

During his visit to view an IU scrimmage last Saturday, Brown was impressed by both the length and intensity of the practice. He noted that when a touchdown was scored in practice, the players responded with excitement that Brown said is usually reserved for games.

Curtis said distance isn't a factor in his decision as much as the coaching staff is, while Brown, who has drawn interest from Ball State and Harvard as well, puts his sights on the quality of education at the school.

The quality of the Kelley School of Business helped put IU at the top of Brown's early, tentative list.

"The main thing is an education, because I know I'm not going pro," Brown said. "I just want to get the best education I can. I'm probably going to do business, and IU has Kelley, which is one of the top (business schools) in the country"