Swimmers senior Allysa Vavra and sophomore Brenna MacLean are returning from the 2011 Pan American Games in Guadalajara, Mex. as medalists in the second-largest international multi-sport games, behind only the Summer Olympics.

Vavra took the bronze medal in the 400-meter Individual Medley race with a time of 4:48.05, the fourth-fastest time in IU history, finishing behind only American Julia Smit (4:46.15) and Brazilian Joana Manahao (4:46.33). MacLean, who was participating for Canada, was a part of the silver medal-winning 200-meter medley relay team by swimming in the preliminary heats and helping the Canadians qualify for the medal race.

In addition to Vavra's and MacLean's successes, diver junior Amy Cozad and recent IU graduate Amy Korthauer teamed up and finished in fourth place in the 10-meter synchronized diving competition. The two also took part in the individual 10-meter platform dives, where Korthauer finished in ninth place, and Cozad in tenth.

Vavra and MacLean will return to NCAA action tomorrow in the women's swimming and diving meet against Michigan and Texas, while Cozad and IU Head Diving Coach Dr. Jeff Huber, a member of the USA Diving coaching staff, will miss the meet, as they are still in Mexico.