After a one-hour rain delay and several teams taking spills on the track, the final teams crossed the start/finish line as the winner of Team Pursuit, the fourth and final Spring Series Event before the Little 500 races on Friday and Saturday.

Teter and Delta Tau Delta won the 2011 Team Pursuit.

In 2009, Teter's Caitlin Van Kooten was part of a team that set the track record for qualifications.

Two years later, as a veteran rider, CVK was like the mother duckling that led her three small baby ducklings to victory. Teter set another track record. This one was for the fastest 12-laps of Team Pursuit, last set by the Teter team in 2004.

The record that stood was 8:03.36 seconds. In 2011, CVK and her team finished with a time of 7:50.

If Team Pursuit is any indication of race day (like Will McDermott said), then Teter, the defending champions, and Delta Gamma are the two teams fighting for the top spot on the women's side.

At this year's qualifications, Sigma Chi qualified third. Delta Tau Delta finished fifth. The men's race really could go to anyone.

Teter secured the white jersey with the win. Since Phi Delta Theta was unable to make the finals, the Cutters won the white jersey. Since they are the defending champions, they will likely wear the yellow jersey on race day.

Final Heat - Men's Teams

Delta Tau Delta - 9:07.39

Sigma Chi -9:09.91

Final Heat - Women's Teams

Teter - 8:00.1

Delta Gamma - 8:10.76

Team Pursuit times before final heat - Men's

Sigma Chi 9:08.21

Delta Tau Delta 9:10.19

Team Pursuit times before final heat - Women's

Teter 7:50.11

Delta Gamma 8:15.59