This is the true post of Little 500 riders picked to have their lives surrounding America's Greatest College Weekend posted to the web. To find out what happens when the IDS stops just reporting and starts getting real...check here for The Real Ride -- Little 500 style.

With just 19 days until Qualifications and only 40 days until the men's race, the Little 500 is flying at us more quickly than Charlie Sheen's twitter account is gaining followers. It's hard to forget that there is actually a bike race after all those amazing parties and mindblowing concerts, but I'm hoping my first foray into blogging will give a few of you some insight into the cycling side of the World's Greatest College Weekend.

My name is Eric Anderson, and I've been a part of the Little 500 for almost three years now. After being a mediocre (at best) cross country runner and swimmer throughout high school, I first hopped on the bike to get into triathlon right after graduation. My freshman year I rode with the Black Key Bulls, living the life of the fifth/sixth rider. I decided to give Greek life a try as a sophomore, and I'm now the captain of the Beta Theta Pi bike team.

After a solid showing in last year's race, we're in the 18th week of our 23-week training plan and optimistic about our chances this year. With only two returning riders, there's still a lot of uncertainty surrounding our team. Nevertheless, our rookies are quickly learning just how big of a deal the Little 500 really is, and if you check back here weekly, I'm sure you will too.

Eric Anderson is a junior majoring in Finance and Economic Consulting. He is in his second year riding for Beta Theta Pi. Beta finished fifth in the 2010 race.