Todd Yeagley spent only one year away from Bloomington.

The son of 31-year coach Jerry Yeagley returns as the program's third coach, as announced by IU Athletics today.

Yeagley went 8-10-2 last season with the Wisconsin Badgers, ending the season in a 2-0 loss against IU in the Big Ten Tournament in November.

"Todd Yeagley is a noted recruiter and motivator who has the maturity, presence, and experience to successfully lead the nation's premier college soccer program," Glass said in a press release. "Coach Yeagley was a legendary player and is an experienced Big Ten coach, and last season he guided Wisconsin to substantial improvement in conference play in his first year in Madison. Todd Yeagley is the complete package and I am thrilled to welcome him back to Bloomington."

After a single season as Wisconsin's head man, the former Hoosier player and assistant now stands as the new leader of Hoosier soccer, filling the void created by the dismissal of former coach Mike Freitag.

"It is an honor to be selected to lead the Indiana University men's soccer program," Yeagley said in the same release. "Suzy and I are excited to return to our beloved alma mater and raise our three boys in a wonderful college town.

"I would like to thank the University of Wisconsin for the opportunity to coach at such a fine institution and athletics department. Indiana University is the gold standard for college soccer and I am looking forward to building upon our rich standard of excellence."

As a player, Yeagley is third on the IU all-time list in assists with 40, accumulating four All-American honors, three Big Ten Championships and a 1994 NCAA runner-up in the process.

Stay with idsnews.com for updates on this developing story.