IU head coach Felisha Legette-Jack has picked Amaka Agugua to fill a spot as the assistant coach for the Hoosiers.

The spot became open when former assistant Marc Wilson's contract was not renewed.

Legette-Jack and Agugua have plenty of familiarity with each other as Legette-Jack coached Agugua from 2002-2006 at Hofstra.

Legette-Jack said she enjoyed having Agugua at Hofstra and is thrilled to be working with her again at IU.

"Amaka is a humble person, but she's a hard worker," Legette-Jack said in a statement. "She is a person that played for me at Hofstra and she totally believed in what we were trying to do when we got to Hofstra. She became my captain for three years, and all we did was continue to raise the bar there. Now with her joining our staff here at Indiana, our future is bright and she is a person that understands exactly what I'm looking for as far as work ethic, enthusiasm for the job, recruiting and loyalty."

Agugua, who will began her duties for the Hoosiers on May 4, spent the last three seasons at Virginia Commonwealth. There she helped lead the team to their first NCAA Tournament appearance in the 2008-2009 season.

As a player Agugua averaged 10.2 points and 6 rebounds a game. She is 12th in the history of the program with 568 rebounds, and recorded 970 points as well.

Agugua will join current assistants Jose Mori and Katie Abrahamson-Henderson along with Legette-Jack for the upcoming season.

For more on the new acquisition click here.