Los Angeles Clippers guard Eric Gordon, center, puts up a shot against Indiana Pacers forward Maceo Baston (9) and center Rasho Nesterovic (8), of Slovenia, during the second quarter of an NBA basketball game on Friday in Indianapolis. (Darron Cummings/The Associated Press)

Double overtime: The home team lost, but the hometown hero came through in the end.

With 1:22 left in double overtime, Clipper guard Baron Davis found Gordon open in the corner. After being cold from three-point range all game, Gordon drained the 3 to put the Clippers up seven, 114-107, and clinch the victory.

In all, Gordon played 50 minutes, scoring 15 points (5-of-13 shooting) and pulling down five rebounds.

"When he starts knocking down those shots...everyone in Indiana has seen that before," Clippers coach Mike Dunleavy said after the game.

Check back tomorrow for our interview with Gordon. For more from the game, follow the jump.

Fourth quarter: Overtime. Gordon made a clutch basket with just under 18 seconds left to bring the Clippers within a point of the Pacers. Al "Stretch The Game Out" Thornton then hit a three a few seconds later to send the game to overtime.

Gordon finished with 12 points in regulation.

----- Third quarter: Through three quarters, Gordon has 10 points, two rebounds and two assists. With 2:22 left in the period, Gordon converted a three-point-play when he drove to the hoop, scored and made the ensuing foul shout.

He's also turned the ball over some. Driving to the hoop (as he did at IU) with energy, only to lose the ball. Gordon is beginning the fourth quarter on the bench but should see the floor soon. The Clips lead 70-69.

----- Second quarter: Not much from EJ this quarter. The rookie spent a majority of it on the bench. But Gordon did speak to the Associated Press before the game about his comments earlier this week. Here's what he had to say:

"I'm not going to discuss any issues that happened in the past," Gordon said. "What happened in the past, happened in the past, and we're going to move on from here."
As for the game, Gordon has five points heading into the half. The Pacers lead 49-48. ----- First quarter: Gordon received a nice applause from the Conseco Fieldhouse crowd when he was introduced in the starting line-ups. As expected, there is a pretty decent Gordon turnout for the game -- a few signs, a couple of jerseys etc.

EJ played the entire first quarter but didn't score his first (and only) basket until there was less than a minute left in the period. He's taken a couple shots from beyond three-point range but hasn't been able to connect. The second quarter is about to be underway and EJ is still on the floor. I'll keep you posted. -----

Indiana Pacers guard Travis Diener, left, talks to Indiana Hoosiers head coach Tom Crean before the start of an NBA basketball game against the Los Angeles Clippers on Friday in Indianapolis. (Darron Cummings/The Associated Press)

Update: Everywhere I go, there is Tom Crean (or vice versa). I shared an elevator with Crean inside Conseco. He said he was here just to "say hi" to a couple of people before going recruiting for the night. He said he hoped to see Eric Gordon before the game started. -----

Eric Gordon will make his hometown NBA debut tonight when the Indiana Pacers host the Los Angeles Clippers inside Conseco Fieldhouse (7 p.m.) Gordon made headlines earlier this week (see a few posts below) with his comments to the Indy Star about drug use use by IU players on last year's team. Tonight, he'll make news again when he plays his first NBA game in the city he grew up in.

If that weren't enough excitement in one week for the former Hoosier, Saturday should provide that extra nudge to get him over the hump. Tomorrow, Gordon and the Clippers travel to Milwaukee to face the Bucks. As you may recall, former IU coach Kelvin Sampson is an assistant coach with the team.

I'll be at the game tonight and will try and get a hold of EJ after the game. Let me know if there is something you'd like me to find out.

- - - - -

Photos: Darron Cummings/The Associated Press