Kipp Schutz is going back to baseball.

The two-sport star sat at the end of IU's bench against Lipscomb in street clothes. After the game, IU coach Tom Crean said Schutz suffered a minor injury in practice and would likely be returning to IU's baseball team full-time. He added that Schutz planned on returning to the baseball team before the spring semester started even before the setback.

"Right now, he's not healthy enough to play and it's better that he get ready to get himself ready for baseball," Crean explained.

Crean called Schutz a "major league baseball player" and added "there hasn't been a day that (Schutz) hasn't made this team better."

On Monday, Crean joked on his weekly radio show that the team has had "more baseball scouts than basketball scouts at our practices."

IU's coach said he'd welcome Schutz back to the team anytime he wants to return.

Schutz's story is one that has been well-documented by now. Earlier this fall, the standout outfielder beat Devan Dumes in a three-point shooting contest. The next day he participated in a tryout with the team. Three days later, he suited up in IU's exhibition game versus Bemidji State.

His role with the Hoosiers fluctuated. He played in seven games and scored in four of them. He registered DNP-CD's against three teams but was also the first player off the Hoosiers' bench against Wake Forest.

Along the way, Crean relentlessly praised the two-sport athlete for his work ethic and energy.

What did you think of Schutz's contribution to the Hoosiers? Do you think he brought something unique to the team that will be missed?