With the success that the Hoosiers have had so far this season, and partly due to the lack of success of the men's program people are starting to talk more about IU women's basketball.

Many people are raising the questions how do other Big Ten schools rank highly in national attendance (Purdue was fifth last year and others are high on the list also) get the fans to come?

Another question is whether women's basketball is boring? This is a perception that is somewhat split, but when compared to the men's game it appears the general sentiment is that the women's game is less exciting.

For the first question i would say the attendance is because the Hoosiers have not built the tradition of success that schools like Purdue and Michigan State have. The Hoosiers have had 3 different coaches in the last 4 years and are just now starting to build some consistency. Purdue has won a national championship and been runner-up the next year. IU is going to have to do more than loose in the second round of the WNIT to build a tradition of excellence. As far as the second question i don't personally see the game as boring, especially with a solid team like IU, but i can see how others could see it that way, especially when compared to the men's game.

If you could like to read what some others are saying click here to go to the Hoosier Scoop post that has a lot of people talking. Also feel free and please do leave some comments here as well! What are your thoughts on these questions and any others you want to raise?