* It was clear early in the first half that the players were fatigued. The team held a hard practice earlier in the afternoon which Tom Crean said went longer than he wanted to. Freshman guard Verdell Jones said after the game that "a lot of us were a little tired and worn down from practices this week, we didn't come out with as much energy as we should have."

* Freshman forward Malik Story went down hard in the first half with what looked like an ankle or knee injury. He was able to walk off the court under his own power but sat out the rest of the scrimmage. "I don't think Malik has ever had an injury like that, according to what he said to Dr. (Larry) Rink and Dr. (Tim) Garl," Crean said, adding that Story would rehab the injury that night and the next morning. "We expect him to lace it up (Sunday)," he said.

* The biggest positive I saw from the team Friday night was the defensive ball pressure. Both teams pressed a majority of the scrimmage and both sides were getting on their players to pressure the ball. "Coach really stressed this week in practice that a lot of teams are going to pressure us full court and get rough with us, so he wants us to practice that during practices and scrimmages," Jones said.

* Crean said he thought his team dribbled too much Friday night, "rather than drive." He said its because his players are thinking too much and are reacting rather than playing proactive.

* "Frankly, we had too many guys go in who didn't know what they were doing inside the game, and that's got to change," Crean said. "And it will."

* A few stats: Tom Pritchard picked up four quick fouls and finished with six. He also had nine rebounds. Matt Roth continued to show his range, knocking down 3-4 from beyond the arc. Team manager Brandon Proffitt played two minutes for the Crimson squad. Nicknamed "Boos," the guard finished with zero points.