I was sitting in The Westin Times Square lobby about an hour before the NBA Draft prospects were supposed to hold their media day when Eric Gordon came around the corner dressed in a tie-and-vest combination.

Gordon's eyes lit up as soon as he saw Memphis's Derrick Rose and USC's OJ Mayo. The three were laughing and exchanging jokes on each other's get-ups (both Rose and Mayo were in suits), asking one another if they were ready for the hundreds of repetitive questions they would be facing later that afternoon.

When Gordon eventually sat down at his assigned table a little after 1:30 p.m. he looked calm and collected - not something typically associated with EJ and reporters. Gordon answered questions from the New York media for about 30 minutes. In between questions about the Knicks, the Nets and the Knicks (again and again), I snuck in some Hoosier questions. Here are the highlights:

Q: Have you been keeping an eye on the activity in Bloomington? Gordon: "I really pay attention to it. It's kind of crazy just to see everyone I played with last year gone. There's always something new."

Q: Did Coach Crean make a sales pitch to you before you left and ask you to stay? Gordon: "He said I should go. He said I was ready for the next step. He watched me a lot this past season and said there's no need for me to come back."

Q: Have you been talked to Jared Jeffries or any other former IU players that have played in the NBA? Gordon:"Yeah, guys who came from IU they always talk to each other. (Jeffries) and I have talked every now and then."

Q: Have you been keeping in touch with DJ? Gordon: "He's been doing pretty good. Hopefully, I get to see him go in the first round, which I think he's capable of doing."

Q: There is a lot of uncertainity in the draft. Do you have an idea of where you'll go? Gordon: "No, not really. I'm just happy to get drafted. I know a lot of things can go on tomorrow, so we'll just have to see what happens. I've heard from No. 4-7, but you never know."

Q: Have a lot of teams asked you about you production drop-off in the second half of the season? Gordon: "They have, I've noticed it. With my wrist and all the coaching stuff. Everything was just downhill in that situation."

Q: If you had been healthy and Sampson had stayed, do you think you would be one of the top picks in this draft? Gordon: "Probably, that's what I've heard. Things happen, so you just have to take things and see how it goes."

Q: Do you think you can play point guard in the NBA? Gordon: "I think that's my type of game. I just didn't play that much in college."

Q: What have you improved on since the end of IU's season? Gordon: "Being more of a point guard. I just didn't really show it in college, but I've been working a lot on my point guard skills."

Q: Who have you been working out with and training with Gordon: I worked a little bit with Tim Grover and a lot with Chris Thomas back in Indy, working on my point skills."

Q: At what point in the season did you realize you were ready to go to the NBA? Gordon: "I thought I was ready throughout the whole season. College helped me prepare for the NBA."

Q: What are you going to buy once you become a millionaire? Gordon:"I don't know, of course a car. But I'm not a guy who buys a lot of expensive stuff."

Q: Are you nervous at all the night before the draft? Gordon: "A bit yeah. It seems like over the past couple of weeks my sleep has been getting less and less."

Q: Would you mind slipping in the draft to be taken by your hometown team, the Pacers? Gordon: "I'm not really sure. I'm trying to be picked as high as I possibly can. I'm sure it's the same for others"