Illinois 74, Purdue 67 FINAL

If IU wins, this could make for quite the semifinal matchup. Gordon vs. Weber yet again. This time a key player, Kelvin Sampson, will be missing. Oh, the intrigue.

Illinois 71, Purdue 67 (54.2)

Mike Davis (no, not that one) is making it rain. He's scored the past four points for the Illini.

---

Purdue 63, Illinois 63 (End of Regulation)

Like he's done all game, McCamey hits the big shot for the Illini. Down 3 with 18 seconds, McCamey takes a pass at the top of the key and drains a 3-pointer to tie the game. Kramer's shot at the buzzer bangs off the front of the rim. Bad news for IU fans: the Hoosiers' game will run a little late tonight.

---

Purdue 60, Illinois 58 (1:25)

If Illinois could make its free throws, it might have a shot. Hummel nearly sank the Illini with a 3-pointer, but McCamey answered with a crossover, then 3-pointer of his own.

---

Purdue 57, Illinois 52 (3:18)

A deep 3 from Keaton Grant and a runner from Chris Kramer gives Purdue a 5-point lead. This seems to be emblematic of Illinois' entire season. They can stick with teams, but they let it slip in the end.

---

Illinois 52, Purdue 52 (4:51)

This game looks like it might come down to the wire. Both teams are hitting the big shots right now. Moore made a 3 that gave Purdue the lead and McCamey answered with a trifecta of his own, right over Robbie Hummel.

---

Illinois 47, Purdue 42

The Boilers grabbed a one-point lead, but Bruce Weber's timeout energized his team. Pruit scored the last two buckets to give Illinois a five-point lead.

---

Illinois 41, Purdue 38 (11:59)

The Illini had several chances to extend their lead to eight points, but both times came up empty and let the Boilers stay close.

---

Illinois 37, Purdue 36 (15:49)

Illinois has built two, four-point leads, but E'Twaun Moore has answered both times with a 3-pointer.

---

Purdue 28, Illinois 28 HALFTIME

Halftime observation: IU fans don't know who to cheer for. Do they cheer for the in-state rival Purdue, or the new enemy Illinois?

Purdue 26, Illinois 20 (3:33)

Just a few minutes later, same margin if difference in the score. These teams really slug it out on the defensive end. Purdue had a lead as large as nine, but Illinois is hanging around.

---

Purdue 19, Illinois 13 (8:14)

Illinois took a five-point lead, but Purdue went on an 11-0 run to gain the lead. Plus, the Illini are committing costly fouls.

---

Illinois 7, Purdue 6 (15:54)

The Boilers jumped out to a 6-0 lead after Hummel and Calasan hit 3-pointers, but strong post play from Shaun Pruitt and Brian Randle and a 3-pointer by Demetri McCamey gives the Illini the lead.

---

Chris and I are courtside at Conseco, and I'll be updating the quarterfinal game between No. 2 Purdue and No. 10 Illinois. The winner of this game plays the winner of No. 3 Indiana and No. 6 Minnesota tomorrow at 4:00.