IU Athletics Director Rick Greenspan and Associate Athletics Director Tim Fitzpatrick were entrenched in Greenspan's Assembly Hall office late Thursday night until just before midnight.

The two men spent over four hours in the office Thursday night before Fitzpatrick eventually emerged and darted for the door. Seconds later, Greenspan emerged through a different door, attempting to make an exit without running into reporters.

Our fleet-footed reporters (Michael Sanserino and Chris Engel) ran down Greenspan, who quickly replied he had no comment on the investigation or Sampson's job status. About about two hours before the two Athletics officials left for the evening, Greenspan's family came to his office, food and pillow in hand. But the pillow wouldn't be needed, as Greenspan and Fitzpatrick decided to spend the night in their own beds rather the Assembly Hall floor.

At this time, we have no official confirmation about Sampson's future with the University. What we do know is IU will most likely announce a press conference tomorrow to reveal the results of the investigation. Several media outlets have reported Sampson has been fired. Others have said the two parties are working on a settlement. Some have even gone as far as to name IU assistant Dan Dakich the new coach.

We were not able to confirm any of these reports, thus we have not reported so. Check back with the Basketblog and the IDS webpage for coverage of tomorrow's events. If there is a press conference, we will be there and will provide coverage, video and audio following an announcement.