This was a comment from one of our posts down below. I wanted to bring it to the front page and see what people think. Is this a fair statement? Is it misguided? Are students too important, or not important enough?

Here is the comment from 94iu left on Dec. 6:

"What specifically has the Athletic department done to mistreat students? not enough t-shirts shot into the crowd? not enough free pizzas given out, not enough Fed-ex special deliveries? not enough Fifth Third $50 gift cards? Not enough Pizza Hut contests? Not enough free towels? Not enough pom pons?

No defined student section? it appears pretty clear to me the students' section is located across from the visitor bench and fills sections K, L , and M, the South end and the East balcony.

Why should the athletic dept listen to a group that chants profanities("sit down A-hole" at the Tennesse St game, "go big red(you suck)" is another classless chant repeated at every game). Students are rarely in their seats when the games start and then leave early. Yes I am questioning your fanhood!

If students would buy football tickets and go to football games the athletic dept wouldn't need every cent they can get out of hoops to support the rest of the non-revenue sports that football should be able to support. being at the game on time and cheering for IU is way more impressive and intimidating than a lame stripe out."